Terms & Conditions:
Who we are
Our website address is: https://computer-world.co.za
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
When you’re submitting details to Computer World over the Internet, security is handled as follows:
Firstly, when your browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Google Chrome) connects with the secure side of our server (website computer) that connection is between you and the server alone.
Secondly, during the communications between your browser and our server, the information is scrambled. This is known as encryption and our encryption is 128bit. 128bit encryption uses billions (2 to the power of 128) of possible combinations to scramble the information.
Thirdly, any information we store internally so we can process your order, is kept on a computer system that operates independently of the web server and doesn’t use an operating system that is prone to viruses, hacking etc.
Free deliveries over R 2000 (Courier – Door to Door)
- Gauteng: 2 to 5 working days
- Western Cape: 2 to 5 working days
- Kwa-Zulu Natal: 2 to 5 working days
- Outlying Areas: 4 to 7 working days
- Couriers do not give an exact time of day for the delivery but will deliver between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- No Deliveries will take place on weekends or public holidays
- Deliveries are made via courier (Door to Door)
- The couriers require someone to be at the address provided to accept the delivery otherwise the goods will be returned, and this will delay you receiving your goods on time.
- Provide contact numbers and contact persons receiving the goods
- No deliveries to a Postal Box
- Delivery ETA’s depend on stock availability, but you will be informed if the item you require is out of stock and may take longer than the above lead times.
- Orders are processed from when the payment is received and reflects in our account.
- We do not deliver outside of South Africa, but you may arrange for a courier service to collect from Hillcrest KwaZulu Natal when the goods have been invoiced and ready for collection.
- Orders placed on weekends or public holidays are processed the following business day.
- Computer World reserve the right to part ship goods on all orders to the customer and to invoice each shipment separately, unless otherwise stipulated by the customer. This is to make sure that the customer receives their stock in a fast and efficient manner.
Our delivery times are within 3 working days for main city centers and within 5 working days for outlying areas. COMPUTER WORLD wants to deliver on time as promised. However, things happen and so we are unable to guarantee that all orders will be delivered within the stipulated time frame.
Please note that once your order has been placed we cannot change your delivery address.
Should you have any issues please contact email@example.com
Bloemfontein, Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg, George, Pretoria, Port Elizabeth, East London, Pietermaritzburg, Polokwane and Kimberley can expect delivery within 3 working days.
Expect delivery within 5 working days.
Note: a day refers to a normal business day and would exclude Saturday/Sunday and public holidays.
When do we start counting days? It depends on your payment method:
EFT – The next working day after payment has been cleared in our account.
As soon as your order is dispatched from our warehouse, you will be sent an email to confirm that your package is on its way. If we are unable to meet the estimated delivery date we shall not be liable for any losses, liabilities, costs, damages, charges, or expenses arising out of late delivery. If you are unavailable to take delivery or collection, we may leave a card giving you instructions on either re-delivery or collection from the courier company.
Any delivery is subject to acts which are beyond the control of Computer World due to force majeure including (but not limited to) inability to secure labour, power, internet services, GSM network connectivity, materials or supplies, or by any act of God, war, civil disturbance, riot, state of emergency, strike, lockout, or other labour disputes, fire, flood, drought or legislation.
Tracking and Delivery
To follow your order, please use the tracking ID/order number sent to you in your confirmation email. Upon delivery of the product, before signing for the delivery, you agree to inspect the product for any faults, defects, or damage. As a precaution, please keep the receipt of the delivered product.
In the rare circumstance that your item has a defect or is missing from your order please e-mail customer service on firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions:
Searching & Browsing for products
- You can search for items by entering a few words or the product code into the search box, and we will show you all the matching results.
- You can also use the category tabs at the top to search for items in the various categories.
- If an item is out of stock, we will do our best to source the stock for you at the best price possible.
- You will need to add products, that you want to purchase, to your shopping cart (“Add to Cart” button)
- Tip: If your Shopping Cart is empty or items are missing from it, it is likely that you are not logged into your account.
- Placing an available item in your shopping cart does not reserve that item.
- Available inventory is only assigned to your order after you click “Place your order” and receive an e-mail confirmation that we have received your order and the order has been fully paid for.
- To change the quantity, enter a number in the Quantity box and click Update.
- To remove an item from your Shopping Cart, click Delete
- You can either “Continue Shopping” or you can select “Checkout Now” to continue to payment
- If you already have an account then you will need to Login to your account.
- If you don’t have an account then you will need to create an account, which will allow your details to be saved for future orders.
- You don’t have to pay straight away and you want to leave the website and pay the next day, your shopping cart will be saved if you logged into your account. When you are ready to make the purchase, login and go to your shopping cart and your items will be there.
Items in your shopping cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on the item’s product detail page. Please note: that this price may differ from the price the item held when you first placed it in your cart.
- Stock will not be held until the full payment is received
- Is your username or email correct?
- Is your password correct? Please remember passwords are case sensitive, so please check your Caps Lock button.
- Please try resetting your password on the Login screen if you are still unable to access your account.
Payment can be made using the following methods:
- EFT (Proof of payment to be emailed to email@example.com)
Computer World’s Banking details
- Bank : FNB (First National Bank)
- Branch Code : 223726
- Account Number : 62848884822